RSS stands for Rich Site Summary. RSS Feeds enable the readers to get updates from there favorite blogs directly into their email box. It is also a great tool for Internet Marketers. RSS Feeds can bet setup for a blog using Feedburner. RSS Feedburner is one of the most essential part for a blogger to setup for their blog. Feedburner is owned by Google. It is a free Email Marketing tool with tons of features. Some features of RSS Feedburner are listed below:
- Its a free Email marketing tool.
- 100% Email delivery on time.
- Easy to use and easy to manage.
- Owned by Google.
- Can easily be integrated with any theme.
- You can have a full control on your Subscribers.
I must say you should setup RSS Feed with Feedburner from day 1 for your blog. You can easily get control over your subscribers and you can track the performance using this tool. If you have an approved Google Adsense account, you can monetize your ads with your feeds. You can provide a chance to your readers to subscribe to your blog to recieve newsletters and updates directly to their mailbox.
How to setup RSS Feedburner for your blog?
So, lets get started with our guide. First of all i prefer to use your domain/brand name in your feed name. Its quite better for Search Engine Optimization of your blog. You can put more functionality in your blog feeds, using Google Feedburner tool. So follow the step by step guide below to setup RSS Feedburner for your blog.
1. You required a Gmail account. If you don’t have have one, you can sign up for free on Google.
2. Once you have your Gmail account, go to feedburner.google.com. Login with your Google account. Once you logged in your feedburner account, paste the url of your Blog/Feed and click on the Next button.
3. On the next page type the title for your feed. I prefer to type the same title as your blog. Below you have to choose your feed address. So its good to type your brand/domain name over there. If your domain name is long or already registered with feedburner, you can use the short name. like HUpdates (HowUpdates). Once you done with it, Go ahead and click on the Next Button.
4. You are done, On the next page you will get a confirmation message from Feedburner about the successful feed creation.
You are done with Feedburner. Now you have to install Feedburner Plugin on your WordPress blog, which will redirect your blog default feeds and comment feeds to RSS Feedburner. The name of this plugin is FD Feedburner Plugin. You can download it by clicking the link below.
Here you can download the FD Feedburner Plugin: Click Here.
This plugin is easy to install and easy to manage. I will definitely write an article on it. If you don’t know how to install WordPress Plugin you can have a look on the article below.
You are not finish with RSS Feedburner yet. You can find a lot of settings and functions in Feedburner, I will try to cover them on HowUpdates as soon as possible for me. So if you have any question, put it down below in the comments and i will try to answer as soon as possible for me. If you find this post helpful do share it with your friends on facebook, twitter and G+. Subscribe to stay updated with us. Keep blogging!