Search engine ranking blogs on their speed now a days. Google officially updated that the SEO of a blog also depends on the speed of the blog. So, in this article i am covering how you can speed up your blog using CloudFlare CDN? CDN stands for Content Delivery Network. CDN use for content delivery to the end-user with high performance and high availability. Cloudflare is one of the best CDN out in the market, and yes it also have free plan.
Cloudflare is an advanced and popular Content delivery network out there. Cloudflare provide free and premium services to their users. Free plan is enough for a blog. Cloudflare will not only speed up your blog, it will also increase your security against DDoS and Spam. Below you can find some features of CloudFlare CDN.
- Cloudflare can speed up your blog
- It can optimize your blog ads
- Cloudflare DDos Protection can increase your blog’s security against DDoS and SQL Injection
- You can see your blog stats even stats of crawlers.
- You can use cloudflare to install web apps on your blog by one click only.
Your server load will decrease with the features above and you will find a huge difference in the performance of your blog. The basic plan of Cloudflare CDN is 100% free. So lets get started with the installation of CloudFlare on your host.
How to install Cloudflare on your Host?
As i mentioned earlier cloudflare is the most popular CDN. So some hosting providers are now providing one click installation service of Cloudflare from cpanel directly. But not all of the hosting providers are giving these services. So, if your host provider doesn’t allow you to install Cloudflare from cPanel you can do it manually. So lets get started with both of the methods to install Most popular and advanced CDN.
How to install Cloudflare CDN via cPanel
Cloudflare can be install on your host from cPanel. Some of the famous hosting providers like BlueHost and HostGator, has integrated the cloudflare application in their cPanel, to install it from one click. Login to your cPanel >> Go to Advanced Section >> and there you can find CloudFlare option.
Click on this CloudFlare icon. Checkmark that you are agreed with their Terms of Services and type your email below and click on create account.
Now you can choose your main domain, or subdomain to activate cloudflare. Choose the domain and hit the Gray cloud button to activate cloudflare on that domain.
Once, you hit that cloud button, Your host will activate cloudflare on your Server and will setup the DNS for you. I want you to have a look on these articles if you miss them,
How to install Cloudflare Manually
If your Hosting provider doesn’t allow you to install cloudflare via cPanel, you can follow the step by step guide below to setup CloudFlare manually for your Blog.
- Go to CloudFlare, and signup.
- Once you signed up, login your account. Type your blog URL and click Add Website.
- Cloudflare will start scanning your DNS records, it will take upto 60 seconds for this job. Once it done scannning your records, click on Continue Setup. Cloudflare will redirect you to edit DNS records page.
- DNS editor page, allow you to configure Cloudflare for a subdomain. There you can verify all of your DNS records. If you have any subdomain and you want cloudflare to work on that subdomain you can edit it from there. If you don’t have any subdomain simply click on I’m done entering my DNS Records.
- Now you can choose your plan from Cloudflare and configure the security and performance level. You can have a look on my settings below. I would also recommend you to follow the settings below because High security can cause irritation to genuine users by asking them to put captcha to access your blog sometimes. Highe and Full optimized Performance can interface with your Blog ads and thats why it is not recommended.
- Click on the continue button. Cloudflare will provide you 2 Nameservers. Go to your domain DNS Settings and replace the Nameservers and click on Continue to My Website.
- That’s all, You have successfully installed Cloudflare on your domain. CloudFlare will be activated in 24 hours.
CloudFlare Plugin for WordPress
If you are a WordPress user then you can also install WordPress Cloudflare plugin. However you can’t activate cloudflare to your wordpress blog through this plugin, You can install CloudFlare by following the 2 methods above only. Features of this plugin are listed below,
- You can find the original ip of comment poster of your blog.
- The spammers will be reported to CloudFlare automatically through this plugin.
Download CloudFlare Plugin: Click Here. Also i want you to have a look on the articles listed below, that will help you to setup your blog.
CloudFlare plugin will only work if you install CloudFlare manually on your host. If you installed it from the cPanel of your host, then this plugin will not work for you.
Let us know Which CDN you are using, and whats your feedback of it? If you required any help for Cloudflare, do let me know via comments below. If you like this post, share it with your friends on Facebook and google+. Subscribe to our newsletter for direct inbox delivery of our each post.